hello lovelies. let’s all curl up in some blankets with our favorite cup of tea and talk cozy witchcraft today.
what exactly is cozy witchcraft, you may be asking yourself. well i’m here to tell you. cozy witchcraft is a way to use your craft to take care of yourself, promote positivity, banish negativity, and generally stay cozy in your being.
so here are some ways (my personal favorites!) of using cozy witchcraft:
• tarot cards and/or runes: personally, i’ve never used runes but i feel the same concepts apply here. i use the “everyday witch” tarot deck and it fits my soul so perfectly. the key to a wonderful deck (or set of runes) is finding one that connects to YOU personally and helps you feel complete. there are so many different tarot spreads to experiment with but my all time favorite is the one card draw for guidance on a particular issue. (three card spreads are definitely a runner up for me though). but either way – cleanse your tarot cards! use crystals, beach sand, full/new moon energy, incense/candles, etc! cleanse those babies and let it connect and tune into YOU. our interpretations of tarot cards will change depending on our mood… so i usually draw one card per day (unless i’m doing specific spreads). but sit cozy in a blanket, take your time, relax, and spread your cards around you until one calls to you. really look at the card… interpret the images on it (depending on your deck they could be different) but listen to your inner guide. what is your guide trying to tell you. listen. and set intentions for the day. if you don’t set intentions it’ll be harder to take strides towards what you want. that’s why i usually do this ritual early in the morning after my yoga session. (its a good way to greet each morning)
• tea and herbs: do some research babes, find which teas and herbs are the best for YOU – your health and your healing. i love green teas generally and peppermint tea for my nervous tummy. when you stir in your honey or agave or milk, stir clockwise to invoke (positivity, health, etc.) or stir counterclockwise to banish (negativity, hexes, etc.) do everything with purpose. cook with intention. channel your inner kitchen witch and whip up something yummy for yourself (treat yo’self!) that also uses herbs and spices that will help you heal, manifest, create, etc.
• incense/candles/oils: there are SO many uses for all of these. i love incense for healing and candles for spells or rituals and oils for aromatherapy. (smoke from incense is a good way to cleanse your crystals and tarot cards!) find scents that make you feel cozy – whatever that looks like for you. whether it’s strength during yoga or relaxation during meditation – find what suits your needs. stock up on different color candles (i swear one day i’ll do a thrift-store-witch post). research the colors and the energies they correspond with. if color healing isn’t quite your thing you could always go for aromatherapy with candles or oils. find scents that help you relax, unwind, and stay motivated in your day to day life. i love lavender and eucalyptus-mint the most.
• crystals, nature, and the universe: ah, what a wonderful, beautiful world we live in filled with so many ways to naturally ease our souls. what do you connect with? i like to have open conversations with nature and the universe (they’re wonderful listeners). different crystals have different healing properties so be on the lookout for what calls to you personally. my heart chakra has ALWAYS been attracted to rose quartz. but maybe ~trees and nature~ aren’t your thing… but what about space and stars and planets and the vastness of our universe. let it make you feel small and huge all at once. “you are not a drop in the ocean; you are an entire ocean in a single drop”. find whatever it is in the world that calls to you and soak it up. walk barefoot in the grass, stargaze, plant a garden, swim in the ocean – the sky is the limit and it’s also limitless.
• books, crafts, art, and music: putting the “craft” back in witchcraft (that was bad; i’m sorry.) seriously though this is such a good way to channel your inner energy and guide. read books about your craft or books that help keep your soul cozy and warm. curl up with your familiar and a cup of tea and fall into a good book or a good album. sing! it’s so good for your throat chakra. paint, draw, reflect on your work – this is such a calming and relaxing form of meditation. let your mind relax and your soul flow freely.
• yoga, meditation, and our chakras: balance is key; balance is everything. what helps you feel balanced: physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. yoga is a great way to balance our physical body and our subtle body. focus, breathe, set intentions. really focus on your breathing and movement. meditate! everyday! even it’s just five minutes to yourself – take your time to meditate. meditation can look like so many different things – don’t get scared by the idea of sitting still for an hour with your eyes closed. meditation is whatever helps you ease your mind and live intently. practice yoga, write, paint, pray, balance your chakras, sit in nature, soak up some sun, sit alone with your thoughts and marinate in your inner energy field.
• everyday witchcraft: alright now it’s time for the basics – using cozy witchcraft in day-to-day routines. don’t get me wrong, if you can incorporate daily yoga, meditation, affirmations, etc into your daily routine it’s even better! but these are some things you can do even if you’re still in the broom-closet or a learning baby witch!
⁃ have an alter: a little safe space, a windowsill or bookshelf. keep your cozy belongings – pressed flowers, notes to yourself, candles, etc.
⁃ draw sigils: everywhere! in your notebooks, on the back of your watch, on the inside of your clothes. draw sigils to keep you cozy and warm and full of love and light.
⁃ enchant your clothing: (could use sigils to do so) enchanted your favorite top with a beauty ritual. enchant a ring on your middle finger to hex people you flip off. get creative.
⁃ shower/bath time cleanse: clean the stress off of you after a long day. soak up some positive energy to start your day! take a bath with tea or flower petals – refresh naturally.
⁃ perfumes/lotions: help set your mood and energy with different cozy scents (just like aromatherapy!!!)
⁃ keep a grimoire: this could be the note section in your phone or laptop, a journal, notes in your planner, whatever! write about your craft. write affirmations. write notes to yourself. write spells and enchantments. doodle sigils in the corners. make it yours.
⁃ love your familiar: my familiar is my therapy cat / furbaby belle. spend time with them. love them. your familiars will take care of you just as much (if not more) than you take care of them
so that’s my list, i’m sure i could come up with some more though…
let me know if you have any other ideas or things you do to stay cozy!
love and light and happy healing,